Free Printable Mason Jar Labels

on January 16th, 2012

So lately I find myself drawn again to jars (old obsession). And since I have bought quite a few of them recently, a revamping of the pantry was quite in order, complete with colourful labels and pretty patterns. Which I now offer to you for free download, should you feel the spring clean itch.

UPDATE: It seems this post was rather popular – if you like the labels and can think of other things you’d like designed for download leave a comment below. Time permitting, I might add to the collection.

If you use them, send us a pic, it’s always nice to see designs put to good use. And if you can, a link back is always much appreciated :)

thumb Free Printable Mason Jar Labels

Instructions

• I have included a whole lot of pantry items, but if you have some stuff I have not provided a label for, no worries: there’s quite a few blanks in there as well.
  • There are two types of printables:
    1. Labels (circular, they fit the wide mouth mason jars but they can also be applied on the side of most jars or Tupperware containers)
    2. Bands (they will fit most jars, unless they are very large in diameter)
  • mason jar labels
  • I used both the labels and the bands for the 500ml jars, and only the labels for the 250ml jars.

How to apply labels

1. Print the required designs on a nice thick stock. I used a semi-gloss photo paper.
  2. Using a rounded cuticles scissors for the labels and a straight craft scissors for the bands cut out the shapes.
  3. Apply glue to the entire back of the label and on the ends of the band (you probably don’t want to glue it all over, it will be difficult to remove when you need to wash the jar)
  4. Apply the label or the band and fill the jar with the pantry item of your choice!

The download links are at the bottom of the page, after the jar images. Have fun!

Terms and Conditions

These designs are copyright of Limeshot Design. Needless to say, please don’t use these for commercial purposes, don’t alter the designs and don’t offer them for download on your own site – link to this page instead. Thank you!

mason jar labels
mason jar labels
mason jar labels
mason jar labels
mason jar labels
mason jar labels
mason jar labels
mason jar labels

Download

1. Label images (zip archive containing PDF labels – 7.4Mb)
  2. Band images (zip archive containing PDF bands – 12.8Mb)
  3. Blank band images (zip archive containing PDF bands – 5.2Mb)

174 Responses to “Free Printable Mason Jar Labels”

1. Amanda says:

Beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing these. They’ll be perfect for homemade gifts. :)

2. Shawnna says:

These are beautiful! Thank you so very much for sharing!!! I would love to see quinoa, arborio rice, and steel cut oatmeal added.

• limeshot says:

Quinoa and arborio are great ideas – will do when I get a bit of spare time. Never heard of steel cut oatmeal though, goes to show what a lovely thing an international community is :)

3. Karina says:

They are gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing it and letting us have something special in our pantries.

Karina

4. Holly says:

Beautiful! I’m pinning these and appreciate the inspiration!!

5. Angie says:

Thanks- these are awesome! Thanks for sharing your hardwork.

6. Marissa says:

These are beautiful! Do you offer customized labels? My mother and I can several things each summer and these would be a beautiful touch!
    Thanks,
    Marissa

• limeshot says:

Hi Marissa – at this point in time not really, but if you want anything in particular just leave a comment and when I get to it I will upload. Thanks!

7. Stacey R. says:

I love these, thanks so much. I wish I could type names on them, but I will for sure use the pre-labeled ones! Thanks again!

8. Mandie says:

I love this! I just found you on Pinterest and love these beautiful free printables! Will definitely be helpful in organizing my pantry!

9. Morgan says:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! =)

10. Stephanie says:

Hi! Love the font you used. What’s it called?

11. Kristin says:

These are beautiful! I found you through pinterest. I am going to use the blank ones to label everything in my pantry. Thank you for sharing!!

12. Anneke says:

Thank you!! Your labels have found their way to The Netherlands! I’m going to have so much fun using them!!

13. [...] around before Christmas, when I was labeling jars for Grace’s homemade Easy Bake Oven mixes. Limeshot could not have designed anything cuter. Labels, jar bands and blank labels are available for [...]

14. heather says:

how do i get the variety that i see on your site.. these are so cute and i can’t wait to use them on the canning that i am doing this summer.. thanks so much for this ! was trying to find some online with very little success.. can’t wait to use!!

15. chris says:

adorable for end of year or holiday teacher gifts. Fill jar with candy/muffin/cookie or brownie mix with caption “Thank you for being so sweet.” / “to the sweetest teacher ever.”/ “Thank you for a sweet year.” love, ______
    I’m off to make mine…

16. Kate says:

These are fabulous! I hate my own handwriting – have you come up with a word document we can use yet? For my pantry items I laminated the labels to keep them from being damaged by fluids.

• limeshot says:

Sorry Kate – I will never come back with a Word version because you simply can’t design stuff in Word (can you tell I hate Word with a passion? :)) As I suggested to another person above – you could use some transparent labels just to print the text and then stick them on top of the actual label. And if you laminate them they really won’t be visible.

17. [...] of the really cute free canning jar labels that are out there. I will start off with my list: Free Printable Mason Jar Labels – Pre-made labels for mason jars mostly for dry goods but there are blank ones too. My brand [...]

18. Deborah says:

These are beautiful! You could sell these on Etsy as downloadable files! There is a woman (Whisker Graphics) that sells editable downloadable files where just the text area is editable and the label part is locked. I’d pay for these lovely basket weave patterned labels if the inside was blank and I could type my own text in. (If you are willing to do that, please let me know as I’d be interested. I’ve used the Whisker Graphics tooth fairy kit over and over, as you can imagine! ;)

• limeshot says:

Hi Deborah – nah, I like giving things away for free :) Plus trying to figure out how to embed a font licence into an editable PDF gives me a headache. I’ll stick to my design work for making money and will share this kind of stuff for free. I appreciate it’s not everyone’s cup of tea as you can’t edit them, but it’s still better than having to pay for them, in my view.

19. Jennifer Hall says:

I love these designs! I’m making strawberry jam and while I see that label in your photos, I can’t seem to find the label to print. Am I missing it somewhere?

20. Bonita says:

Can you please tell me how I can print the labels They have multiple labels on the pages and I don’t know how to select one to use, I really would love to use.

21. Valerie says:

Pretty! Thank you!

22. Karen says:

These are amazingly adorable. I wish I had some canning jars that needed labels right now, but I haven’t had my first garden harvest yet. I can’t wait to use them!

23. Theresa says:

These are wonderful, thank you for sharing!

24. Wow thank you for these, in the current economic climate i have taken to home made preserves and food stuffs as gifts for birthdays, Christmas, or little thank yous and these labels will make a fab addition giving that slightly more professional touch!

25. Jaclyn says:

Thanks so much for the fabulous labels! I was wondering if you have the strawberry jam label available to download? I love the one in your post, but didn’t see it when I downloaded the files. Thanks!

26. Shantra says:

I am so grateful for these! They make my homemade products look really nice for gifts. Thank you for sharing!

27. [...] found the label templates on Limeshot.com. They are actually Mason Jar labels. I shrink them down to printing 2 sets per page at 89% for them [...]

28. [...] mason jar and put a cute label on it. Head on over to Limeshot Design for the free and adorable mason jar labels I [...]

29. Thanks so much for these! I just make a fresh batch of strawberry jam, and they look super awesome with your labels!

30. Thank you thank you thank you! These are GORGEOUS! I posted about your labels on my website and linked people back here because this is awesome! I run a frugal website and we love free things! Especially free things that are so pretty and useful!
    Thank you so much for creating these beautiful labels and thank you even MORE for making them free! You rock! :-D
    In case you are interested-here’s a link to my post about your labels:

31. shereen says:

they’re so pretty!! thank you
    but are they password protected?
    I couldn’t open the downloads :(

• limeshot says:

Hi Shereen – They’re only password protected for editing, you can open the PDF in Reader and print them but you can’t edit them. Understandably, I don’t want the artwork reused by other people without my consent.

32. Amy says:

What kind of glue did you use to attach the labels to the glass? Thanks.

• limeshot says:

Hi Amy – just regular craft glue. You have to remember these will not last if placed in a dishwasher, so when I need to clean the jars I just peel off the label and replace.

33. [...] Shot has put together {cute!} jar labels, that are available to print. They offer blank, bands, and labels. If you are into canning, or like putting ingredients in jars – this is for you! Oh, did I [...]

34. Jen says:

These are GORGEOUS! Thanks! I plan to use them AND link back!

35. Tkleigh says:

Thank you so much for the labels, they are so cute! But I have a question on the blank labels, is it possible to use the computer to label them and print out instead of having to hand write on the labels?

• limeshot says:

Unfortunately no, they have been designed in Illustrator so they are not editable. But I find they do look nicer when handwritten, it adds to the charm somehow.

• Stacey R. says:

I had the same question. I was going to use these on Mason Jars for a Bridal Shower I am hosting because they are JUST SO SO CUTE, but I can’t type the names. I wish I had nice handwriting. LOL

• limeshot says:

Hmmm, another option would be to but some of those transparent labels, print the text on them then stick them on top of the labels. They wouldn’t be visible, really, and you can get the best of both worlds.

36. [...] just for fun, I printed out a  ”Cooking Spray” label and slapped it on the bottle just so there would be no mistakes. And since most likely the spray [...]

37. Kirsten says:

Love these! Used them recently to make a bridal shower gift, and people asked where I’d bought those “fancy preserves” :)

38. [...] for a recipe).  I picked some of the more unusual preserves from my stock, and used these gorgeous free labels from Limeshot Design to “pretty them up.”  Isn’t it [...]

39. Mollyjack says:

Hello,
    These are lovely labels. I was wondering if I could use them for some jams I am making to sell at a Mothers Day stall at my son’s school? They look so pretty I’m sure they’ll appeal to the kids to buy as a present for their mum!

40. Kari says:

Thank you for these they are beautiful. I am having trouble finding out how to fill in the blank labels, I am trying to make a good behavior jar, and jars to hold crayons, markers etc and would rather have it neatly written with the computer rather then my sloppy handwriting. Anyone know how to do this?

• limeshot says:

Hi Kari – unfortunately they are not editable, but what you could do I suppose is run the sheet of paper twice through the printer: once for the label and once for the text (which you can set up in Word). If I manage to get around to it, I might put together a Word doc that maps the text exactly.

41. Lisa Cratty says:

These labels are wonderful!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I’m inspired to get organized now!

42. Nadege says:

We just renovated our kitchen and I was so looking for good labels to have all pretty in my new cabinets!! Thank you so much…these labels are great!!

43. [...] Related articles: Free Christmas Card Designs: Xmas in Australia … Blank band images (zip archive containing PDF bands – 5.2Mb) One hundred free RSS icons / badges … Band images (zip archive containing PDF bands – 12.8Mb) Free vector symbols: Art Nouveau card … Free Printable Mason Jar Labels | Limeshot Logo Design & Branding Sydney [...]

44. Martie says:

3 days and counting till my walk in pantry is organized and looking beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!!

45. bee says:

These labels are so beautiful, thanks a lot for sharing them!

46. Cathy says:

These are gorgeous! I’ve downloaded the files, and will definitely link back to you when I use them. I may even use them for something other than jars….I’m on a drive to get super-organised :)

• limeshot says:

Thanks Cathy – I’d love to see how you use them! I’m on that drive too, although my husband reckons I’m just on a drive to prettify rather than organise.

47. Mercedes says:

hello, my name is Mercedes. I am from Spain and I live in Mallorca, a beautifull island.
    thank you very much for this wonderfull and beautiful work. I invite you to may blog name: “justlittelcutethings”, is in Spanish but may be you could use the translation button.love Mercedes

48. Thippi says:

Love all the colors! What gorgeous work you do! I’ve pinned you on Pinterest :) Now to find the time to organize my pantry…when I do use your labels I’ll be sure to link this site :) Thanks for the free printables, LOVE them!

49. Joy B says:

These are so cool! Thank you so much – this will make my canning jars a little cuter!
    xoxo
    Joy in Southern Indiana (USA)