Hi guys, sorry it took me so long to come up with these – I’ve been through a full-blown drama with my website (changed the hosting provider and the registrar, long story..).
Click on the thumbnails to see the larger version (tip: you can open more than one at the time – great if you want to compare). More detailed instructions for using them below.
Using the Twitter backgrounds
- To download the background: right click on one of the thumbnails below and “save target as” with a name and destination of your choice.
- To change the background in Twitter: go to “Settings” – “Design” – tick “use background image” and make sure the “Tile” checkbox is NOT ticked.
- On the same screen, change the colours to match your new background. For example on my page I’m using #09BFF0 for background (not really necessary, but anyway) and link colour, and white for sidebar fill and stroke.
- When you’re done with the changes, REFRESH the page a couple of times, it takes a little while for the new background to display.
- TRANSPARENT background option: I have also designed a transparent Twitter background (the second one on the first row), that only includes the Twitter bird and no background colour. You can use this on top of any background colour of your choice, which you can specify on the “Design” screen. Tip: it works better on darker backgrounds, as the bird is white.